I have a hot date tonight! I can NOT wait!
I’ll be joining my 3 bff’s today:
I’ve already taken advantage of the ibuprofen and the Vitamin D! But tonight I get to soak in the tub with the epsom salts.
Since I started Insanity this week, my calves are shredded! It hurts to walk, it hurts to go from sitting to standing, it hurts to squat AND I have Madelyn today. However, if I keep moving, I am pretty good!
I also have found that I hurt more the second day the most. Then the pain begins to subside – YAY!
What are the best ways to deal with sore muscles:
1) Ice – use ice packs to help with the inflammation
2) anti-inflammatory meds – like ibuprofen will also help with the soreness
3) massage – get a foam roller and go to town. This helps to release the lactic acid that builds up in the muscles. It may be a bit painful to start, but it will help!
4) WATER – flush out the lactic acid build up. Drink up!
5) epsom salt baths – soak in the tub (don’t get the water too hot) and just relax. Make it enjoyable, music, candles or a good book can help! Sip on your water while you are in the tub!
6) Stretching – stretching and yoga will help relieve the pain and soreness too!
7) keep exercising – don’t skip your workouts just because you are sore, once you get moving, the soreness will get better! You may want to take it a little easier on your body, but keep moving!
8) therma-care wraps/heat pads – these can be helpful to increase blood flow to the muscles
These are just a few of the things I do to help ease the soreness. I almost always get sore when starting a new program. I kinda like it, I know that the workouts are working, but if it is too painful, take it easy for a few days. You should still be able to function. So, if it is more than that, please consult your Dr!
I am waiting on a new mircophone for my computer. I am hoping it will be here today and when I get it, I’ll make a video that shows you how to use a foam roller! I love mine. It really helps!
I’ll be enjoying that soak in the tub tonight for sure!
Discussion: Do you have a good remedy for muscle soreness?