I went to info from one of my favorite trainers, Chalene Johnson. Chalene created Turbo Jam, which is one of my all time favorite workouts! It is actually what got me started working out several years ago. It is so fun! This is what Chalene has to say about losing weight.
10 Tiny Changes for Big Weight Loss by Chalene Johnson
Turbo Jam™ trainer Chalene Johnson recommends taking baby steps to eat more healthfully. If you “slip,” get immediately back on track. Never let a vacation or a special holiday be an excuse to overdo it the entire time. Go ahead, enjoy the occasional indulgence, but keep it reasonable.
1. Wait 2 minutes. Cravings will disappear after two minutes if you walk away and turn your attention elsewhere.
2. W.I.W.M. When you really crave something unhealthy, answer this question: “What do I Want More,” that piece of chocolate cake, or a body I feel proud of? And on rare occasions, it’s okay to pick the chocolate cake!
4. Focus. Make eating purposeful, not something mindless to do while watching TV, driving, or sitting in front of the computer. Whenever you put food in your mouth, try to engage all of the senses in the pleasure of nourishing your body.
5. Don’t skip breakfast. Start eating a filling breakfast, but one that’s lower in fat. It will help you eat fewer total calories throughout the day.
6. Veggies. The majority of your plate should have veggies and/or fruit on it at both lunch and dinner.
7. See what you eat. Eat your food off of a plate instead of straight out of a jar, bag, or box.
8. Don’t buy it. Stop buying the food you snack on all day. Just eliminate the temptation.
10. Watch what you drink. Cut back on or cut out high-calorie drinks like soda, sweet tea, lemonade, and, especially, alcohol. People have lost weight by making just this one change.